- Bristol, South West England
- £30,000 to £35,000
- Full time
We are a Bristol based award winning company that specialise in Operated Road Sweeper, Tanker hire and Waste Recycling. Due to our expansion within these sectors we have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed!
PMG are currently looking for a Transport Supervisor to join our dynamic team based in the centre of Bristol. The successful candidate will be joining us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a very competitive salary.
- Vehicle fleet management – ensuring the availability, safety & reliability of the company’s fleet of vehicles to ensure customer needs can be fulfilled.
- Driver management – recruit, induct, train, manage, support and motivate a team of 45 drivers to ensure we have the right skills and capabilities available to deliver our customer requirements.
- Work scheduling – ensuring customer jobs are delivered on time and in full, through effective scheduling, planning and routing of work to drivers & vehicles.
- Health, safety & compliance – ensuring company compliance with all transport policies, legislation and procedures. Monitoring driver performance to ensure safe operation of vehicles at all times, including O Licence requirements and tachograph records.
- Customer service – maintaining regular contact with customers, responding quickly to resolve any issues or queries relating to the operational delivery of services. Build open and trusting relationships to help identify new business opportunities and to improve service levels and delivery.
- Budget management & cost control – manage delivery of transport operations to budget, seeking to identify and implement efficiency improvements to help drive cost savings and support profitability
Key Skills & Experience required by our Transport Supervisor:
– Educated to C.S.E, G.C.S.E, standard as a minimum
– Certificate of Professional Competence or a willingness to complete a course of study in a short space of time.
– Full clean driving licence, with LGV Class 2 entitlement essential.
– Ideally have 5 years’ experience working within the transport/ waste management/ plant hire industry in a supervisory position with proof of success and effectiveness.
– Computer and IT Literate with a good understanding / working knowledge of the Word, Excel and Outlook programs.
– Strong leadership skills to enable motivation of team in order to achieve success at the depot.
If you would like to join our team as the new Transport Supervisor then please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply today – don’t miss out, we would love to hear from you!
HGV Mechanic / Plant Fitters
- OTE £40,000
- Full time
PMG are a Bristol based award winning company which is experiencing good growth in business.
We specialise in providing operated road sweepers and tankers along with waste recycling to a very large customer base.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit experienced HGV Commercial or Plant Mechanics to service and maintain lorries to DVSA standards in our busy workshop and recycling Facility based in St. Philips, Bristol.
You will be able to –
– Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on heavy commercial vehicles to DVSA standards
– Diagnose and rectify a variety of faults
– Have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
– Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
– Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
You will be an Apprentice Trained, fully qualified HGV or Plant Fitter and have experience working with a variety of light commercial, HGV vehicles or plant machinery.
A HGV licence entitlement is desirable but not essential for this role.
– Carrying out Service, Maintenance and Repair of a mixed fleet of vehicles.
– Diagnosing faults.
– Carrying out 6 weekly inspections.
HGV Class 1 or 2 would be an advantage.
You must be reliable and punctual, previous experience is essential, and have good record keeping. Weekly pay plus bonus scheme.
A company vehicle is available to the successful candidate if required for call-outs and travelling to and from work.
Please send cv’s to email@example.com