- Bristol, South West England
- £30,000 to £35,000
- Full time
We are a Bristol based award winning company that specialise in Operated Road Sweeper, Tanker hire and Waste Recycling. Due to our expansion within these sectors we have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed!
PMG are currently looking for a Transport Supervisor to join our dynamic team based in the centre of Bristol. The successful candidate will be joining us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a very competitive salary.
- Vehicle fleet management – ensuring the availability, safety & reliability of the company’s fleet of vehicles to ensure customer needs can be fulfilled.
- Driver management – recruit, induct, train, manage, support and motivate a team of 45 drivers to ensure we have the right skills and capabilities available to deliver our customer requirements.
- Work scheduling – ensuring customer jobs are delivered on time and in full, through effective scheduling, planning and routing of work to drivers & vehicles.
- Health, safety & compliance – ensuring company compliance with all transport policies, legislation and procedures. Monitoring driver performance to ensure safe operation of vehicles at all times, including O Licence requirements and tachograph records.
- Customer service – maintaining regular contact with customers, responding quickly to resolve any issues or queries relating to the operational delivery of services. Build open and trusting relationships to help identify new business opportunities and to improve service levels and delivery.
- Budget management & cost control – manage delivery of transport operations to budget, seeking to identify and implement efficiency improvements to help drive cost savings and support profitability
Key Skills & Experience required by our Transport Supervisor:
– Educated to C.S.E, G.C.S.E, standard as a minimum
– Certificate of Professional Competence or a willingness to complete a course of study in a short space of time.
– Full clean driving licence, with LGV Class 2 entitlement essential.
– Ideally have 5 years’ experience working within the transport/ waste management/ plant hire industry in a supervisory position with proof of success and effectiveness.
– Computer and IT Literate with a good understanding / working knowledge of the Word, Excel and Outlook programs.
– Strong leadership skills to enable motivation of team in order to achieve success at the depot.
If you would like to join our team as the new Transport Supervisor then please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply today – don’t miss out, we would love to hear from you!